WavesTracker - VideoApp (Beta) Details
1 - Set the correct date/time on your equipment prior to Surfing
- Set the date and time following the instructions below on your GoPro camera prior to surfing / recording
- Connect your GoPro to its Mobile App and click "Set Time and Date" under 'Settings'; time accuracy is of utmost importance.
- Also, make sure that your Computer/Operational System is up-to-date and its date / time / timezone has been set automatically or correctly.
2 - Push record on your GoPro and go Surfing
- Push record on your GoPro, start the WavesTracker app on your watch and go surfing
- No more having to deal with your camera while you are in the water, focus only on catching waves.
- Once you're done surfing, stop your GoPro camera; then stop the WavesTracker Watch app.
3 - Download the WavesTracker VideoApp (Beta)
- We provide our VideoApp for: Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
- If in doubt on how to start the app, please read the README.txt file.
- *Note: You will have to this step only once!
4 - Download the Video File for your session
- Login into WavesTracker Web App
- Click on the "Video File" button to download the video file, as shown below - premium users feature.
5 - Use the WavesTracker VideoApp (Beta)
- Select the "Video File" (JSON) downloaded from our WebApp
- Select the video(s) recorded with your GoPro camera.
- Push "Process Video" and we will inform you when we are done.
- *Note: video processing takes time, be patient.
6 - Waves (Videos)
- A "WavesTracker" folder will be created under your user directory.
- Your videos will be named: Wave_1.MP4 / Wave_2.MP4 / Wave_3.MP4 / and so on..
- The app interface has been designed to look modern, be intuitive and yet simple but functional.
1) Use less programs while processing the video file(s) as this is a heavy task.
2) Feedback is mostly welcome and encouraged (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3) Processing times can vary significantly and depends on how powerful your computer is.
* Disclaimer: We shall not be held liable to and shall not accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from your reliance on our recommendations.
Beta Version: The application has been tested against a limited data set and works in most cases, however it may become unresponsive, break or not produce the desired outcomes at times.